Energy Efficiency Change to Properties in Pontefract
Energy efficiency is becoming increasingly more important in this world of rising fuel costs, so it is important that you make the right decision when it comes to the energy ratings of your windows.
To enable customers to make the best choice, the British Fenestration Rating Council (BRFC) have introduced a rating scheme:
- A rating - The highest industry rating available. The Concept standard option
- C rating – The minimum requirement to conform with Building Regulations. An option with Concept
- Increase energy efficiency with double glazed windows
Energy saving windows don’t just help you save on heating bills - they can help protect the planet too:
- Helping you contain and conserve heat within your building in the winter
- Cool it in summer
- Keep out the wind and resist condensation
Energy Rated Windows - The Facts:
- Approx 25-30% of heat loss in a house is lost through the windows
- ‘A’ Rated windows could save you 25 - 30% on your heating bills
- If you pay £1000 per year on fuel bills they could save you as much as £300 per year!
- ‘C’ Rated still performs very efficiently shaving up to 20-25% off heating bills
- Concept energy rated windows perform around 80% more efficiently than the standard double glazed window
- Over a period of 10 years it would be fair to assume our windows would repay their cost over and above, especially when you consider the benefits of low maintenance and sound insulation!
If you need more information about energy efficiency solutions, please give us a call today on 01977 779 534.